Student Spotlight: Macey Wolfenbarger with Inskip Elementary School

HOMETOWN: Knoxville TN

INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT SCHOOL AND GRADE LEVEL: Inskip Elementary School, 1st grade

THREE SENTENCES ABOUT ME: My family and I are extremely close; I have a younger brother and an older sister who has given me the privilege of being an aunt. My family is the most important thing to me so I love spending time with them as well as my friends. I have been working with children for 6 years and counting and it still makes me as happy as it did 6 years ago.

WHAT I LIKE MOST ABOUT TEACHING AND WORKING WITH YOUNG CHILDREN: My favorite part of working with children is being able to be a part of and contribute to their life long journey of learning, in both academics and life in general. Working with children is exciting and rewarding in so many ways. Being a teacher is not only about teaching the children, but over the years I have learned so much from every child I have encountered which is so special to me.

FAVORITE THING ABOUT THE PREK-3 PROGRAM: This program has taught me that when working with children it is about so much more than just academics. I have grown to understand children in not only the variety of ways they learn, but how important other aspects of their lives are as well. This program encourages future teachers to understand the child as a whole.