Current CFS students must contact their advisor, or the advising coordinator Dr. Sally Hunter, for all advising needs. Students interested in a CFS minor are encouraged to visit the minor section of our website.
Community Outreach Interests
- If you have interest in the Community Outreach track, you should first contact the advising center at the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences for your preliminary advising needs. If you would like to research more about the track, visit the Community Outreach portion of our website.
- If you are a current CFS student pursuing the community outreach option, and you are unsure who your advisor is, please contact the undergraduate specialist, Jordan Murphy.
Early Childhood Education Teacher Licensure Interests
- If you have interest in acquiring teacher licensure through the Early Childhood Education (PreK–3) or Early Development and Learning (PreK–K) track, you should first contact the advising center at the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences for your preliminary advising needs. Students should pursue the PreK–K or PreK–3 track as early in the academic career as possible. Learn more about the early childhood education teacher licensure concentration by visiting the PreK–K or PreK–3 portion of our website.
- If you are a current CFS student pursuing the ECE option (Pre K–3) or EDL (PreK-K) option, and you are unsure who your advisor is, please contact the undergraduate secretary for Early Childhood Education, Jordan Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the CFS front office at 865-974-5316.
Area of Emphasis
- For undergraduate catalog years 2016 and later, the 27 hours of electives are called “Area of Emphasis” electives Click here for a complete list of pre-approved Area of Emphasis courses.
- Students may contact Sally Hunter or meet with their advisor in the CEHHS Advising Center to discuss their area of emphasis options. Substitutions may be made to meet area of emphasis requirements with the approval of the student’s advisor.
Minor in CFS
- If you have interest in minoring in CFS, visit our minor information page.
- To declare a minor in CFS, please fill out the form at this link
- Please note, you must log in with your UTK credentials (email@example.com) to access the form.
- If you have any questions, please email Meagan Spillers, firstname.lastname@example.org.