Applications are due Friday, February 1st for the UTK in Sweden program.
Here’s what you need to know:
WHAT WILL IT “COUNT” AS?
- You can take the course for 3 credits of CFS 460, SOC 491, or PSYC 491.
- It can count toward your CFS major (Area of Emphasis class) or CFS minor.
- It can count toward your PSYC or SOC major or minor, but talk with advisors in those departments for details.
- Many people in other majors (biology, speech pathology, etc.) have taken the course as a Gen Ed distribution requirement (talk with your Advisor to make sure it works for you).
WHEN WOULD WE GO TO SWEDEN?
- We leave on Thursday, May 30, 2019 (the first day of Summer 1 session) and arrive in Sweden on Friday May 31, 2019. We return on Thursday, June 20, 2019.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? / HOW DO I APPLY?
- The program website is HERE. This link will take you to all the program and cost information as well as the “Apply Now” button.
WHAT WILL WE DO?
- We complete most of the required reading, lecture, and traditional coursework during mini-term before we leave for Sweden. This work is all done online, from wherever you like, whenever you like. This frees students up to experience the culture when we are in country.
- We explore gender, family, culture, childhood, and educational systems with lots of field trips, guest lectures, and dinners with Swedish families.
- We also do fun cultural explorations – bike tour of Stockholm, tour of the Vasa museum, walking tour of Stockholm’s Old City, visits to Carolina Redeviva (a fantastic library), Uppsala cathedral, etc.
- UTK in Sweden: Program Overview (5 min) http://tinyurl.com/2019UTKinSweden
- UTK in Sweden: Get excited about Uppsala! (5 min) http://tinyurl.com/UTKinSweden2
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE?