2022-2023 Executive Board Members
President – Nagham Abou Zeid
Vice President – Kendall Diggs
Secretary – Cailyn Ratliff
Treasurer – Temvy Matsebula
GSS – Hannah Thompson
Outreach & Engagement – Cole Green
- Create and implement professional development workshops for current Child and Family Studies students
- Foster camaraderie and support among students and faculty by organizing celebrations and events
- Increase funding for graduate students to attend professional conferences, to showcase current student research projects, and to provide orientation activities for new students
- Promote current research projects to the public in multiple venues including the Child and Family Studies website
- Advertise relevant conferences and professional opportunities to Child and Family Studies graduate students
- Provide opportunities for student and faculty interaction
- Represent the Child and Family Studies Department at the university-wide Graduate Student Senate and Student Health Advisory Board meetings by advocating for student needs and concerns
The Graduate Student Organization hosted a campus-wide bake sale where they raised over $100 and served over 50 students and guests.
Proceeds from the bake sale were donated to The Nesters, a wonderful program helping refugee children in Lesvos, Greece
(For more information about The Nesters, you can visit their website)
The Graduate Student Organization hosted a campus-wide bake sale where they raised almost $500 by selling homemade, handcrafted, and hand-delivered baked goods. .
Proceeds from the bake sale were donated to See Beautiful, a philanthropic company with a mission to provide inspiring, ethically-sourced products to create more beautiful in the world.
(For more information about See Beautiful, you can visit their website)