The community outreach practicum is an opportunity for students to enhance their professional and personal development by gaining practical, real-world experience in their field, by exploring career interests, and by learning more about children and families and the support services available to them. As well, the practicum is an opportunity to contribute to the work of the host agency.
1.Senior standing (completion of at least 90 hours)
2.Completion of CFS 405
3.Minimum GPA of 2.5
4.A minimum grade of “C” in all CFS courses[/half]
- Practicum Links:
- CFS 480 checklist
- 480 Practicum Application
(Download form to complete electronically and email applications to email@example.com. If you do not receive a response within 2 days, follow up with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No hard copies or written applications will be accepted. Contact Amy Ferguson at email@example.com if you need help with the form).
- Practicum Placement Options
- For Students Attending UT on Visa ONLY
- All practicum students are required to adhere to the CFLE Code of Ethics while at their placement sites.
- After applying, practicum students will have access to formal practicum information and instructions via Blackboard.
- The decision to take additional courses with the practicum should be discussed with one’s faculty advisor and/or with the Community Practicum Coordinator.
Community Outreach Practicum Coordinator
Juli Sams, PhD
411 Jessie Harris Building