The community outreach practicum is an opportunity for students to enhance their professional and personal development by gaining practical, real-world experience in their field, by exploring career interests, and by learning more about children and families and the support services available to them. As well, the practicum is an opportunity to contribute to the work of the host agency.
1.Senior standing (completion of at least 90 hours)
2.Completion of CFS 405
3.Minimum GPA of 2.5
4.A minimum grade of “C” in all CFS courses[/half]
- CFS 480/Community Outreach Practicum Checklist
- Practicum Placement Options
- This is a general list of some of the possibilities. A more detailed, current list will be provided at your orientation.
- For Students Attending UT on Visa ONLY
- All practicum students are required to adhere to the CFLE Code of Ethics while at their placement sites.
- The decision to take additional courses with the practicum should be discussed with one’s faculty advisor and/or with the Community Practicum Coordinator.
Community Outreach Practicum Coordinator
Juli Sams, PhD
419 Jessie Harris Building