Child & Family Studies Graduate Student Organization
- 2020-2021 Vice President
- 2019-2020 First-Year Representative
Awards and Recognitions
- 2019-2023 Tennessee Fellowship for Graduate Excellence ($16,000)
- $4000 awarded to top incoming doctoral students for four consecutive academic years.
- 2017 Rising Young Professional
- Awarded in recognition of academic achievement, research, and service to the College of Family & Consumer Sciences.
- 2017 National Council on Family Relations Honor Student
- Recognizes worthy recipients for exceptional scholarship, leadership, and community service in the family relations field.
PEER-REVIEWED MANISCRIPTS UNDER REVIEW
McCaig, J. L., Stolz, H. E., Reimnitz, S. J., Baumgardner, M., Renegar, R. G. (under review). Determinants of paternal engagement: Investigating low-income fathers’ caregiving, play, and verbal engagement with infants.
Reimnitz, S. J., Stolz, H. E., McCaig, J. L., Renegar, R. G., Baumgardner, M. (under review). Coparenting alliance, couple conflict, social support, and relationship quality: A dyadic model of low-income couples.
Baumgardner, M., Stolz, H. E., Renegar, R. G., McCaig, J. L., & Reimnitz, S. J. (under review). Perceived parenting history and current parenting attitudes: Examining maternal stress and depression as mediators.
Renegar, R. G., Stolz, H. E., Baumgardner, M., Reimnitz, S. J., McCaig, J. L. (under review). Trajectories of relationship functioning in low-income parents.
McCaig, J. L., Lee, G., Melton, K. (2017, November) Are we there yet? Adolescent participation throughout family travel. Poster presented at the National Conference on Family Relations, Orlando, FL.
McCaig, J. L., Lee, G., Melton, K. (2017, March) Don’t make me turn this car around: Reflections from adolescent travel experiences. Poster presented at the Texas Council on Family Relations, Austin, TX.