UTK in Sweden
Course Name: Culture, Family, and Childhood
Course Number: CFS 460 or SOC 491 or UNHO 491
Credit Hours: 3
NO Pre-requisites. Open to ALL majors.
Dates: First Summer Session 2018 (May 31st-June 21st 2018)
- 2 Visiting Family Dinners at a Swedish family’s home
- Visits to Uppsala Castle, Cathedral, and Linneaen Garden
- Classes meet on Uppsala University campus
- 3 school tours: Almunga School, Waldorfschool, and a forest school
- Guest speakers on Gender Equality, Healthcare, and Swedish Educational Philosophy and System
- Day trips to family-friendly Stockholm, including guided tours of the Old City (Gamla Stan) and Vasa Museum, plus bike or kayak tours
- An evening of “fika” where students will socialize with local Uppsala University students
- A 4-day weekend free to leave Sweden and tour other countries
How will it count towards graduation?
– For CFS/SOC/UNHO majors: Area of Emphasis elective or CFS specialty area class.
– For non-CFS/SOC/UNHO majors: Upper-level social science elective.
- Wednesday, 11/8/17 from 4-5pm in JHB 235
- Thursday, 11/9/17 from 5-6pm in JHB 102A
Sign up for our email list or contact Dr. Heidi Stolz for more information.