Child and Family Studies is excited to announce the Mini-Term (May 10th – May 31st, 2017) study abroad program in Uppsala, Sweden, focusing on Culture, Families, and Parenting. Participants can choose to receive 3 credit hours for CFS 460, CFS 581, SOC 491, or UNHO 491. The program will take place from May 10, 2017 until May 31, 2017 and will include the following activities:
- 2 “Visiting Family Dinners” at a Swedish family’s home. Students will have the opportunity to speak with the families about parenting
- Four 30-minute Intro to Swedish language lessons
- Guided city tour of Uppsala which will include exploring Uppsala University, the famous cathedral, and the Biotopia museum
- Guided tour of Uppsala Castle, built in the 16th century
- Guided tour of Linneaen Garden, the oldest botanical garden in Sweden
- Site visits to Swedish National Agency for Education, Swedish healthcare center, schools – Vallentuna School & Waldorfschool/nursery, and a youth club
- A trip to family-friendly Stockholm, including guided tours of Gamla Stan, Vasa Museum, and Skansen
- An evening of “fika” where students will socialize and enjoy coffee, tea, and desserts with local Uppsala University students
- A 4-day weekend free to leave Sweden and tour other countries
Interested in learning more? Watch the videos below!
For more information from UTK Study Abroad, click here.
Faculty contact: Dr. Heidi Stolz, Associate Professor of Child & Family Studies and Co-Director of the UT Center for Parenting – email@example.com